All Health Coaches in the Asthma Care Management program are registered or certified respiratory therapists. Your coach will listen to your story of living with asthma. This will help your coach learn which things you are doing well and the areas where more work is needed.
Of course, your coach is there to answer any questions you have about your asthma, such as:
- What sets off my “asthma attacks?”
- When do I need to take my asthma medicines?
- How can I stop an “attack” before it starts?
- Should I go to the hospital if I think I’m having trouble breathing?
- What can I do to lower my chance of an “attack?”
Joining the Program
You can join the Asthma Care Management program if you are a member of Superior HealthPlan and have been told by a doctor that you have asthma.
Your children enrolled with Superior HealthPlan may be able to join an asthma program just for kids. You must be the child’s parent or legal guardian in order to agree to their participation, and the child must be age 17 or younger have asthma.