All Health Coaches in the Diabetes Care Management program are certified diabetes educators. Your coach will listen to your story of living with diabetes. This will help your coach learn which things you are doing well and the areas where more work is needed.
Your coach is always there to answer any questions you have about your diabetes, such as:
- What foods and activities affect my diabetes?
- How do I test my blood sugar?
- Should I go the emergency room if I am feeling dizzy?
- How do my diabetes medicines work?
- What do I need to do when my blood sugar is too low?
Who Can Join?
You can join the Diabetes Care Management program if you are a member of Superior HealthPlan and have been told by a doctor that you have diabetes or pre-diabetes.
Your children may be able to join the diabetes program, too. You must be the child’s parent or legal guardian to agree to their participation, and the child must be age 17 or younger and have diabetes.