IMPORTANT: Support for Hurricane Victims
If you have patients who are Superior HealthPlan members that have been affected by the recent hurricane and resulting floods, Superior has services available to help them.
Members may call Member Services if they need to:
- Get an emergency prescription refill.
- Replace necessary medical equipment, services or supplies.
- Get a new copy of their Superior Member ID card.
- Speak with a registered nurse, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Find a doctor in their area.
- Get help dealing with stress or depression.
All Superior members who live within the official disaster designated counties and who may need to replace necessary medical equipment, services, or supplies should seek replacement through any available supplier. If they cannot find a supplier, they can call Member Services to help find one. Supplies will be replaced even if the member is temporarily outside of the county in which they live.
- STAR or CHIP - 1-800-783-5386
- STAR Kids - 1-844-590-4883
- STAR Health (Foster Care) - 1-866-912-6283
- STAR+PLUS - 1-866-516-4501
- Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan - 1-877-687-1196
- For information on evacuations, shelters and recovery resources, call 2-1-1.
- To check on loved ones and neighbors affected by the flood, members can visit the Red Cross Safe and Well website, https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/index.php.
- For tools and resources needed to ensure the provision of services and supports to needy residents in Texas, in the aftermath of this natural disaster, please review the article HHS: Hurricane Harvey Frequently Asked Questions.
- To learn about prior authorization requirements in disaster designated counties, review the article Hurricane Harvey Update Regarding Prior Authorization.
- For safety tips related to tornadoes, hurricanes, thunderstorms and flooding, members can reference Superior’s Severe Weather Flyer and the following community resource guides.