No Co-Pays or Cost Sharing for Telehealth Visits and COVID-19 Testing
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an emerging illness. Many details about this disease are still unknown, such as treatment options, how the virus works, the total impact of the illness, and many other factors.
Superior HealthPlan encourages members who have been exposed to COVID-19 or begin showing symptoms of the virus or flu to contact their health-care provider immediately. As a reminder, members can schedule a telehealth visit with an in-network provider and avoid having to leave their home.
Telehealth visits with a Superior in-network provider are available for most members at no cost and no cost sharing. Additionally, COVID-19 testing per CDC guidelines is available at no cost or cost sharing for members.
Please hold claims until April 1, 2020 for COVID 19 testing to allow for the new procedure codes (U0001 and U0002) to be implemented.
Any provider in the Superior network can offer telehealth services to Superior members for certain health-care needs*. Telehealth services are virtual health-care visits with a provider through a mobile app, online video or phone.
Superior treats telehealth services with in-network providers in the same way as face-to-face visits.
- A telehealth visit with an in-network Superior provider does not require prior authorization.
- Telehealth visits with an in-network Superior provider are available to members at no cost.
For questions about telehealth services, please contact Provider Services:
- STAR, CHIP, STAR Health, STAR Kids, STAR+PLUS: 1-877-391-5921
- Allwell from Superior HealthPlan: 1-877-391-5921
- STAR+PLUS Medicare-Medicaid Plan (MMP): 1-877-391-5921
- Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan (HMO, HMO SNP): 1-877-687-1196
*We are actively working with HHSC and TAHP to evaluate the expansion of telehealth and telemedicine to other services in Medicaid and CHIP.
Telehealth and telemedicine can only be provided by those services currently specified in the Texas Medicaid Provider Procedures Manual.