Is it ok to See My Doctor for non-COVID Issues?
Yes. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, your doctor or pediatrician’s office is open and taking extra steps to make sure you and your children are safe when you come in.
It’s important now more than ever to stay connected with your doctor. Even though families are staying home to prevent the spread of COVID-19, there are important reasons why you or your child should see the doctor, including:
- Newborn visits after a baby is born.
- To stay up-to-date on immunizations.
- For hearing and vision screenings.
- To monitor growth, blood pressure and other vital signs.
- To monitor your medications.
- To treat infections or injuries.
Doctors are taking extra steps to make sure it is as safe as possible to schedule a visit in person. Call ahead so your doctor can let you know the best way to continue your care. If you don’t need to be seen in-person, your doctor may be able to schedule a telehealth visit. This visit can be done using your phone or computer.