Register for "Identifying Mental Health Issues, Child Abuse and ACEs During a Pandemic" Webinar
The Texas Pediatric Society (TPS) Committee on Mental Health will present a complimentary webinar on the possible impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the mental health of children and adolescents, as well as Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs). The Identifying Mental Health Issues, Child Abuse and ACES During a Pandemic webinar will take place Saturday, June 13 from 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. CDT. This presentation will include:
- A discussion on ACEs.
- How pediatricians in the “telemedicine visit” arena can effectively identify child abuse in families.
- How to screen for and identify mental health disorders in the adolescent population.
The webinar will feature the following speakers:
- Valerie Borum Smith, MD, MPH, FAAP - Pediatrician and Community-Centered Health Home Director at St. Paul Children’s Clinic
- May Lau, MD, MPH, FAAP - Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern and Medical Director of the Adolescent and Young Adult Clinic at Children’s Medical Center Dallas
- Ada Booth, MD, FAAP - Child Abuse Pediatrician and Clinical Assistant Professor, UTMB, and Member of Driscoll Children's Hospital’s Child Abuse Resource and Evaluation (C.A.R.E.) Team
To register for this webinar, visit the Webinar: Identifying Mental Health Issues, Child Abuse, and ACEs During a Pandemic. Please register by Friday, June 12 at 3:00 p.m. CDT.