Upcoming COVID-19 Informational Events and Additional Resources
Texas Health and Human Services (HHS) is committed to equipping health-care providers with the necessary information and tools to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. The HHS Medicaid and CHIP Services division is hosting informational events regarding COVID-19 in the coming weeks. Please see the event information below.
TMA Tele-Town Hall Meeting on COVID-19
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
7 p.m. CST
For more information, please visit: https://www.texmed.org/TexasMedicineDetail.aspx?Pageid=46106&id=52623.
More informational events will be announced as details becomes available.
Key guidance was also released on Thursday, March 5 regarding infection control and prevention of COVID-19 in nursing homes. For more information, visit the CMS Current Emergencies webpage.
For additional COVID-19 information and tools, please visit the following online resources:
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Information for Health-care Professionals
- CDC Information for Health Departments
- Department of State Health Services (DSHS) Information for Hospitals and Health-care Professionals
- DSHS Information for Public Health
- Texas Medical Association COVID-19 Resources
If you have any pressing issues or concerns regarding COVID-19, please contact Dr. Ryan VanRamhorst, Chief Medical Director for HHS Medicaid and CHIP Services, at Ryan.VanRamshorst@hhsc.state.tx.us.