Skip to Main Content

Complaint Information & Form


We want to help. If you have a complaint, Superior will have an answer to your complaint within thirty (30) days of the date we get your complaint. Most of the time we can help you right away. There is no time limit for filing a complaint with Superior. You can also complain to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) by calling toll-free at 1-800-252-8263.

We want you to tell us about your complaint. We will not be unfair to you because you complained. We want you to be happy with your health plan.

Remember: Superior has staff that speaks English and Spanish. If you speak another language or are hearing impaired and need help, please call Superior Member Services.

For reporting abuse, neglect, or exploitation of children, the elderly or people with disabilities, please visit the Texas Abuse Hotline or call 1-800-252-5400.

Online Complaint Form

Please fill out our online complaint form below and we will get in touch with you shortly.

Complain By Mail

Download the Member Complaint form (PDF) or Provider Complaint form (PDF), print and mail the completed form to:
     Superior HealthPlan
     Attn: Complaints Department
     5900 E. Ben White Blvd.
     Austin, Texas 78741

Complain by Phone

  • You can also call us toll-free to tell us about your problem.
  • STAR Medicaid 1-800-783-5386
  • STAR+PLUS Medicaid 1-877-277-9772
  • STAR Health (Foster Care) 1-866-912-6283
  • CHIP 1-800-783-5386
  • STAR+PLUS Medicare-Medicaid Plan (MMP) 1-866-896-1844
  • STAR Kids 1-844-590-4883
  • Allwell from Superior HealthPlan 1-877-935-8023 (HMO SNP)
  • Allwell from Superior HealthPlan 1-844-796-6811 (HMO)

For more information about Superior HealthPlan Medicare Advantage complaints and grievances, please click here.

Online Complaint Form

Please note that any field description with an asterisk (*) is required.  

Are you filing a complaint on behalf of a: *

(If not applicable, enter “NA” above)

Please Note:
For claims-related complaints only: Claims detail and / or examples are required for a full review of the complaint to be completed.

Medicaid members can also complain to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) by calling toll-free at 1-800-252-8263. Or Medicaid members can send a letter to:

Texas Health and Human Services Commission Health Plan Management – H-320 P.O. Box 85200 Austin, TX 78708-5200 ATTN: Resolution Services

CHIP and CHIP RSA members can also complain to the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) by calling 1-800-252-3439. Or CHIP members can send a letter to:

Texas Department of Insurance Consumer Protection Mail Code 111-1A P.O. Box 149104 Austin, TX 78714-9104 FAX: 1-512-475-1771



Superior will send you a letter if a requested service is denied or limited. If you disagree with the decision, you may file an appeal. You can appeal the action if you think Superior:

  • Is stopping coverage for care you think you/your child needs.
  • Is denying coverage for care you think should be covered.
  • Has not paid for some or all of a service or a hospital bill.
  • Limits a request for a covered service.

You, a doctor or someone else acting on your behalf can appeal an action. Or, a Superior Member Services Advocate can help you file an appeal.

You will have thirty (30) days from the date of the denial letter to appeal the decision. Superior will acknowledge your appeal within five (5) days of receipt, and complete the appeal within thirty (30) days. This process can be extended up to fourteen (14) days if you ask for an extension. If more time is needed for Superior to gather facts about the requested service, you will receive a letter with the reason for the delay.