Patient Centered Medical Home Model
Superior HealthPlan is committed to supporting its network providers in achieving recognition as Patient Centered Medical Homes (PCMH) and will promote and facilitate the capacity of primary care practices to function as medical homes by using systematic, patient-centered and coordinated care management processes. Superior will support providers in obtaining either NCQA’s Physician Practice Connections®-Patient-Centered Medical Home (PPC®- PCMH) recognition or the Joint Commission’s Primary Care Medical Home Option for Ambulatory Care accreditation.
The purpose of the PCMH program is to promote and facilitate a medical home model of care that will provide better health-care quality, improve self-management by members of their own care and reduce avoidable costs over time.
Superior provides a 20% discount off the NCQA application process to network providers.
For more information on PCMH recognition and best practice models visit the following web sites:
- Joint Commission PCMH Accreditation Program
- National Center for Medical Home Implementation
- NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home Recognition Program
- Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative
- Primary Care Development Corporation
- Understanding and Running a Patient-Centered Medical Home