Superior offers several professional development and continuing education opportunities throughout the year. These events are designed to support providers and health care professionals by improving the quality of care, services and, ultimately, patient outcomes.
OPIOID USE DISORDER TRAINING TO QUALIFY TO PRESCRIBE BUPRENORPHINE
Sponsored by Superior HealthPlan and the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
We are currently in a healthcare crisis with more than 2 million American men and women with Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). In order to help providers be even better equipped to address the opioid epidemic in their community, Superior HealthPlan is sponsoring a FREE training for providers to qualify for the waiver to prescribe buprenorphine.
Buprenorphine is the first at-home therapy to treat OUD and offers great potential for expanding treatment. Buprenorphine also has been proven to be a clinically effective therapy for OUD in populations including pregnant women.
This free training will be conducted by the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) and includes:
- Four hours of online training at your own pace
- Four hours of live, interactive training featuring curriculum designed for women’s health providers in partnership with the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). These training sessions will be held in St. Louis, MO from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. CST on specific dates (or you can attend the live training remotely by streaming it on your device). Choose the one that fits your schedule:
- June 28, 2019
- September 13, 2019
- November 8, 2019
- Continuing Medical Education Available
- A copy of the ASAM National Practice Guideline
- A reference guide and other clinical resources
For questions, additional details, please download the ASAM Provider Training Flyer (PDF)