Superior offers several professional development and continuing education opportunities throughout the year. These events are designed to support providers and health care professionals by improving the quality of care, services and, ultimately, patient outcomes.
Austin, TX: February 15-17, 2019
Addiction and Pain Management & Prevention Summit – Pathways to Collaboration
Sponsored by Superior HealthPlan, The Texas Society of Addiction Medicine and Texas Health Institute
Superior HealthPlan, The Texas Society of Addiction Medicine and Texas Health Institute have joined forces to host a summit that addresses the state of clinical science in pain management and addiction treatment while highlighting actions that can be taken to respond to the opioid epidemic.
We invite you to attend this summit to gain insight from leaders in pain management and addiction treatment and discover best-practices in the evolving paradigms of pain management and addiction treatment. Summit hosts will present innovative and collaborative efforts that are designed to improve outcomes, enhance quality and reduce costs.
For questions, additional details or to register, please download the Addiction and Pain Management and Prevention Summit flyer (PDF) or visit addictionpainsummit.com.
Friday, February 15, 2019
- 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 16, 2019
- 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, February 17, 2019
- 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
AT&T Hotel and Conference Center
1900 University Avenue
Austin, Texas 78705
Who Should Attend:
- Medical Directors
- Behavioral Health Directors
- Social Workers
- Substance Use & Prevention Directors
- Peer Support Specialist
- Outreach Coordinators
- Telehealth Directors
- Government Officials
- Law Enforcement Officials
- Recovery Coaches
- Lessons Learned from Project Office-Based Opioid Treatment (OBOT)
- Incentivizing Recovery, Not Relapse
- Changing Paradigms in Oncologic Pain Medicine in the Current Opioid Crisis
- Functional Restoration
- Encouraging Communities to Engage in Opioid Awareness & Education
- Peer Recovery Support
Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Programs
- Behavioral Health Home in Private Addiction Programs
- Using Medication-Assisted Treatment
- SUD and Pregnancy
- The Role of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs in Managing Opioids
Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Credit:
This activity has been approved for The American Medical Association (AMA) Physician's Recognition Award (PRA) Category 1 Credit(s)™.
- Registration Fees: Full Summit: $250
- Daily Summit Rate: Friday: $75 / Saturday: $125 / Sunday: $75