Find a Provider
Your health matters! A big part of helping you and your loved ones be healthy and stay healthy is finding the right doctors and health care providers to be part of your team. Review the Find a Provider Flyer (PDF) for more information on our tool before you begin your search.
Superior also offers telehealth services from the convenience of your home. This gives you 24-hour access to in-network providers for urgent and non-urgent needs. Services available through telehealth include medical help for illnesses such as colds, flu, rash, sinuses, ear infections, respiratory infections, behavioral health and more.
To learn more information and how to set up an account, visit our Telehealth webpage.
Begin your Search
Superior's Find a Provider tool lets you search through our directory of high quality Primary Care Providers (PCPs), physicians, hospitals, drug stores and other health-care providers that are here to help you achieve your health care goals. The Ambetter provider directory is a list of Health Insurance Marketplace professionals available to our members.
- Microsoft is ending support for the internet browser Internet Explorer (IE). Superior’s Find a Provider tool will no longer work in IE. IE has been replaced by Microsoft Edge. Please use Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox or a mobile web browser.
- After launching the provider online search tool, make sure the product network (STAR, CHIP, STAR+PLUS, STAR Health, STAR Kids, Ambetter, Medicare, MMP) is the network you want to search for providers. The network will automatically default to the last product network you selected.
Accessing Care: Medicaid and CHIP Members
To choose a doctor or Primary Care Provider (PCP), call Superior Member Services. They can give you the name, address and phone number of a doctor or specialist. They can also help you get a provider's:
- Professional qualifications
- Medical school information
- Residency information
- Board certification
More information on how to choose a PCP can be found in your member handbook.
To find out which nursing facilities are in Superior's network, you can call us at 1-877-277-9772 or search our Find a Provider online tool.
If you are a STAR Kids or STAR+PLUS member and are dual eligible, Medicare pays your doctor. That means you do not need to choose a PCP in STAR Kids or STAR+PLUS. You can keep seeing the Medicare doctor you have been seeing for your health care.
- For help finding a hospital, please visit: Find Hospitals Near You.
- Visit the Caremark website to find a pharmacy near you.
- Visit the Envolve website to find a vision provider.
- Visit the DentaQuest website to find a dental hygiene provider.
- You can find behavioral health providers with Superior’s Find A Provider search tool.
- For help finding a provider or making an appointment, call Member Services by locating the number on Superior's Phone Directory.
Your doctor might want you/your child to see a special doctor (specialist) for certain health-care needs. While you/your child’s doctor can take care of most of your health-care needs, sometimes they will want you/your child to see a specialist for your care. A specialist has received training and has more experience taking care of certain diseases, illnesses and injuries. Superior has many specialists who will work with you and your doctor to care for your needs. In some situations, the specialist may see you/your child right away. Depending on the medical need, it may take up to a few weeks after you make the appointment to see the specialist.
The doctor will talk to you about your/your child’s needs and will help make plans for you to see the specialist that can provide the best care for you. This is called a referral. Your/your child’s doctor is the only one that can give you a referral to see a specialist. If you/your child has a visit, receives services from a specialist without your doctor’s referral, or if the specialist is not a Superior provider, you might be responsible for the bill. In some cases, an OB/GYN can also give you a referral for related services.
Some specialist referrals from your/your child’s doctor may need approval from Superior to make sure the specialist is a Superior specialist, and the visit to the specialist or the specialty procedure is needed. In these cases, the doctor must first call Superior. If you or your doctor are not sure what specialty services need approval, Superior can give you that information. Superior will review the request for specialty services and respond with a decision. Decisions are made more quickly for urgent care.
You do not need a referral for:
- True emergency services
- OB/GYN care.
- Behavioral health services.
- Routine vision services.
- Dental services (for children).
- Family planning services.
The online provider directory was last updated on 12/3/2023
You can get a paper copy of the Provider Directory for free by calling Member Services at the number on the back of your ID card.
- STAR Bexar (CSV)
- STAR El Paso (CSV)
- STAR Hidalgo (CSV)
- STAR Hidalgo Specialists (CSV)
- STAR Lubbock (CSV)
- STAR Nueces (CSV)
- STAR Specialists (CSV)
- STAR Travis (CSV)
- STAR Kids Bexar (CSV)
- STAR Kids El Paso (CSV)
- STAR Kids Hidalgo (CSV)
- STAR Kids Lubbock (CSV)
- STAR Kids Nueces (CSV)
- STAR Kids Travis (CSV)
- STAR Kids West (CSV)
- STAR+PLUS Bexar (CSV)
- STAR+PLUS Central (CSV)
- STAR+PLUS Dallas (CSV)
- STAR+PLUS Hidalgo (CSV)
- STAR+PLUS Lubbock (CSV)
- STAR+PLUS Nueces (CSV)
- STAR+PLUS West (CSV)
- STAR Health Bexar (CSV)
- STAR Health Central (CSV)
- STAR Health Dallas (CSV)
- STAR Health El Paso (CSV)
- STAR Health Harris (CSV)
- STAR Health Hidalgo (CSV)
- STAR Health Jefferson (CSV)
- STAR Health Lubbock (CSV)
- STAR Health Northeast (CSV)
- STAR Health Nueces (CSV)
- STAR Health Tarrant (CSV)
- STAR Health Travis (CSV)
- STAR Health West (CSV)