Founded in 1999, Superior HealthPlan is a managed care company that delivers quality health care throughout Texas. Committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time, Superior supports active local involvement in all 254 counties throughout Texas.
- CHIP Perinate: Designed to provide prenatal and delivery services to unborn children of low-income pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid.
- CHIP and CHIP RSA: Health-care coverage available to families who earn too much money to qualify for Medicaid, but who can’t afford to buy private insurance.
- STAR (Medicaid) and STAR MRSA: Health-care coverage for many low-income families.
- STAR+PLUS (Medicaid): Health-care coverage for qualified low-income people who are elderly or who have a disability.
- STAR Kids (Medicaid): Health care for children with disabilities, special needs or chronic conditions, who are age 20 or younger.
- STAR Health (Medicaid): Health-care coverage for children/young adults in foster care. If you would like to learn more about the STAR Health program, click here to visit our foster care website.
- STAR+PLUS Medicare-Medicaid Plan (MMP): Health care for seniors and people with disabilities who are enrolled in Medicare Parts A, B, and D and receive full Medicaid benefits.
- Allwell from Superior HealthPlan (Medicare Advantage): Medicare Advantage programs for members who are eligible for Medicare or both Medicare and Medicaid (dual eligible). If you are a STAR+PLUS member and qualify for Medicare you may be able to enroll as a dual eligible member.
Learn how we transform the health of the community, one person at a time, by visiting our Members First webpage now.
Superior is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centene Corporation, a Fortune 500 company. Centene is a diversified, multi-national healthcare enterprise that provides a portfolio of services to government-sponsored healthcare programs, focusing on under-insured and uninsured individuals. Many receive benefits provided under Medicaid, including the State Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), as well as Aged, Blind or Disabled (ABD), Foster Care and Long Term Care (LTC), in addition to other state-sponsored/hybrid programs and Medicare (Special Needs Plans). The Company operates local health plans and offers a range of health insurance solutions. It also contracts with other healthcare and commercial organizations to provide specialty services including behavioral health management, care management software, correctional healthcare services, dental benefits management, in-home health services, life and health management, managed vision, pharmacy benefits management, specialty pharmacy and telehealth services.
In 2019, Superior was designated a Family Friendly Workplace as part of a campaign organized by the City of Austin, The Austin Chamber of Commerce and Early Matters Greater Austin. The designation means Superior is committed to implementing and expanding family-friendly practices, helping to support the physical and emotional health of employees and their families. Learn more at the Early Matters Greater Austin website.