How to Apply
Applying for Medicaid or CHIP in Texas can seem complicated, but Superior HealthPlan makes it easy. Learn more about eligibility requirements, qualifications and benefits today.
Applying for Medicaid or CHIP is Easy
Follow the steps below to apply for Medicaid or CHIP in Texas and sign up to be a Superior HealthPlan member.
- Apply for Medicaid or CHIP benefits in one of these ways:
- Visit Your Texas Benefits website and choose “Apply for new benefits.”
- Call 2-1-1 (TTY 711) toll-free Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Central Time.
- Print or request a paper form and submit it by mail.
- Go to a Texas Health and Human Services (HHS) benefits office near you. Find one by calling 2-1-1 or visit the Find an Office page.
- Visit a community partner near you.
- Check your mail and choose Superior
After you’re approved, you’ll get an enrollment packet in the mail. You need to choose a health plan or the enrollment broker will choose one for you. Call 1-800-964-2777 (TTY 711) to join Superior.