Superior’s Health Passport is a web-based, secure application built using core clinical and claims information to deliver relevant health-care information when and where it is needed.
Using the Health Passport, providers can improve care coordination, eliminate waste and reduce errors by gaining a better understanding of a person’s medical history and health interactions.
- Improves care coordination by connecting authorized providers, state agencies and medical consenters with health information from various facilities.
- Allows providers to monitor compliance with prescription regimens.
- Reduces duplicate diagnostic tests.
- Reduces risk of medication, allergy and chronic problems interactions.
- Increases communication between the main stakeholders in the members’ care plans.
Once securely accessed, the Health Passport presents the authorized user with information including:
- Medications – The Health Passport presents a summary of medications. With a single click providers can access more detail, including the name of the prescription, the prescribing clinician, date filled, dosage, quantity, dosage instructions and formulary information. The aggregation of medication information can significantly reduce incidents of drug-drug, drug-allergy and drug-food interactions.* A provider may also enter over the counter and/or sample drugs prescribed or given to the member.
- Face Sheet- an easy-to-read summary that includes member demographics, care gaps, Texas Health Steps and Dental last visit dates, active allergies, active medications and more.
- Assessments- Providers can upload documented Texas Health Steps (THSteps), Dental and Behavioral Health forms directly online. Mailing or faxing in documents critical to patient care for display is also available.
- Patient History – With the Health Passport, providers can view past visits that illustrate the description of the service, treating provider, diagnoses and the service date.*
- Growth Chart- Providers can chart weight, height, length, and head circumference at the point of care to track growth of infants and children.
- Lab Results – Providers typically only have lab results for tests that they ordered. However, by using the Health Passport authorized Providers have access to all collected lab results. The solution uploads this information from contracted labs.*
- Immunizations – This section displays a comprehensive list of a person’s immunizations collected from Immtrac.*
- Allergies – Providers can use interactive documentation to chart allergies at the point-of-care. Once charted the solution automatically checks the allergy for medication interactions.
- Appointments – All Health Passport users can review and add appointments for members.
*Note: The Health Passport is not an Electronic Medical Record. It will not contain ALL immunizations, visits, allergies, labs or medications, but rather only those that Superior is made aware of via claims and or state supplied data.
Additional Resources, Forms and Information
Visit Health Passport for additional information, or click on one of the links below for instant access to:
Health Passport Support