Superior HealthPlan wants to help you get well and stay well. That’s why it’s important to know how and when you need to renew your Medicaid or CHIP benefits and services. Below are some common questions about the renewal process and a list of resources that are available to help you get the care you need.
How do I renew my Medicaid or CHIP health-care benefits?
Texans receiving Medicaid or CHIP have to renew their benefits each year. This is called renewal or recertification. Superior wants to make sure this is an easy process. There are two ways to make sure your benefits and services continue:
- Look for an envelope marked “time sensitive” from the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC). It will include a letter. You will get this letter a few months before your benefits end. The letter will include a renewal form that you will need to sign. You may also be asked to provide more information.
- Go to www.YourTexasBenefits.com. Here, you can find the renewal form and other information about renewing your benefits. Create an account if you don’t have one. It only takes a few minutes. From there, you can check the status of your renewal and make sure all information is up to date.
What happens if I don’t renew my Medicaid or CHIP benefits?
If you don’t take any action, you might lose your health insurance. That’s why it’s important for you to renew them each year.
If you lose Medicaid or CHIP coverage but get it back again within six months, you will get your Medicaid services from the same health plan you had before. You will also have the same doctor.
What if I have questions about renewal?
If you have any questions or need help with your renewal, please call Superior Member Services at 1-800-783-5386. If you are not receiving Medicaid or CHIP benefits and you want to apply, call 2-1-1.
Where can I go to learn more about Medicaid and CHIP benefits?
There are many resources that can help you get the information you need. These include:
- www.YourTexasBenefits.com -Renew Medicaid or CHIP coverage, apply for benefits, print your Medicaid ID card or check the status of your application.
- www.211Texas.org - Find local and community resources for help with food, housing and health care.
- www.HHSC.State.TX.US - Learn more about Medicaid programs in Texas.
- www.CHIPMedicaid.org - Find information about renewing Medicaid or CHIP benefits and enrollment fees.
Want to learn more about the health care we provide in your area? Click on For Members for details about Superior’s products and services.