STAR Health (Foster Care)
We Do More for STAR Health Members.
Discover Superior HealthPlan.
Potential Members: 1-844-664-2257
Current Members: 1-866-912-6283
Superior HealthPlan proudly offers STAR Health, a Medicaid managed care program serving children and youth in foster care. Superior is the only health plan to offer STAR Health and covers children and youth in foster care in all 254 counties in Texas.
To learn more, call 1-866-912-6283.
Superior works very closely with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) to make sure children in foster care in the state of Texas get the medical services they need. These services may include:
- Primary and specialty physician care services.
- Prescription drugs and medical supplies.
- Medical checkups, including Texas Health Steps.
- Behavioral health services.
- Hospital care.
- Vision services.
- Family planning services.
Value-Added Services for Superior STAR Health Members
At Superior, members can get many great services in addition to their regular benefits. These are called value-added services. From extra vision care to cell phones and car seats, Superior is proud to offer many extra services to help keep our members healthy.
- Expanded vision benefits providing prescription glasses or $100 toward the cost of any features or frames not covered by Medicaid.
- $30 every three months for over-the-counter medications through a mail order program. Over-the-Counter Mail Order Program
- Small cash grants, called Care Grants, which may be used for items like art supplies, clothing or other personal items.
- CentAccount®, a program offering rewards dollars for members who complete wellness visits, dental checkups and other health screenings for members ages 18 through 21 years old.
- Boys and Girls Club of America membership for children ages 6 through 18 years old.
- Sports or camp physicals for members ages 4 to 18 years old.
Superior is always planning new and exciting programs and services to help keep you or your child healthy. If you need help getting these extra services or would like more details, call Member Services at 1-866-912-6283.
Superior also works closely with foster care families and medical consenters. Superior is committed to making sure we help provide culturally competent care. This means that Superior will help with health care and behavioral and social needs.
For more information on the STAR Health program and to learn more about the services, please call Superior HealthPlan’s Member Services at 1-866-912-6283 or visit the STAR Health website.
You can also find more information in the STAR Health handbook.