We Do More for STAR+PLUS Members.
Discover Superior HealthPlan.
Potential Members: 1-844-664-2257
Current Members: 1-866-516-4501
Superior HealthPlan proudly offers STAR+PLUS, a Medicaid managed care program serving low-income people who have physical or mental disabilities or who are elderly.
Superior offers STAR+PLUS in the following service areas:
- Central MRSA
- West MRSA
To learn more, call 1-844-664-2257.
STAR+PLUS benefits Include:
- Primary and specialty physician care services.
- Prescription drugs and medical supplies.
- Medical checkups, including Texas Health Steps.
- Behavioral health services.
- Hospital care.
- Nursing facility care services.
- Vision services.
- Family planning services.
- Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS).
- Personal attendant services.
- Day activity and health services.
- LTSS Waiver Services
- Nursing services (in home).
- Home delivered meals.
- Therapies (occupational, physical, speech/language, cognitive rehabilitation).
- Home modifications.
- Dental services.
- Medical supplies and adaptive aids.
- Respite services.
- Assisted living.
- Adult foster care.
- Financial management services.
- Transition assistance services.
- Employment assistance.
- Supported employment.
Value-Added Services for Superior STAR+PLUS Members
At Superior, members can get many great services in addition to their regular benefits. These are called value-added services. From extra vision care to cell phones and car seats, Superior is proud to offer many extra services to help keep our members healthy.
- Extra dental benefits. Superior offers extra dental benefits for members age 21 and older. Members may get up to $250 each year for exams, x-rays, cleanings and fluoride treatments.
- Extra vision services. $100 for choice of upgraded eyeglass frames and lenses or contact lenses every year.
- $30 every 90 days to use for common Over-the-Counter (OTC) items.
- A 24-hour nurse advice line.
- 24-hour emergency response services for non-STAR+PLUS HCBS Waiver members age 21 and older.
- Online mental health services. Superior offers mental health resources through www.myStrength.com. This online resource gives members many ways to improve their mental and overall health.
- Extra foot doctor (podiatry) services. Two (2) podiatry services every six months per member.
- Superior offers its award-winning Start Smart® program for pregnant women. The program includes a baby shower, rewards dollars for timely prenatal and postpartum care, a diaper bag and educational programs.
- Superior’s Start Smart® program offers gift cards for completing healthy activities related to a member’s pregnancy and delivery. The program offers these awards:
- Convertible car seat for prenatal visit within first trimester or 42 days of enrollment with Superior and attending a baby shower.
- $20 for prenatal visit within first trimester or 42 days of enrollment with Superior.
- $20 for flu shot during pregnancy.
- $20 for 3rd prenatal visit.
- $20 for 6th prenatal visit.
- $20 for 9th prenatal visit.
- $20 for postpartum visit within 21-56 days of delivery.
- $5 per month upon enrollment in our texting education program up to 6 months.
- Superior’s Puff-Free Pregnancy program includes telephonic outreach, education and support services to reduce the health risks of smoking while pregnant.
- Help for members with asthma. Members get one spacer and peak flow meter when they enroll in Superior’s Asthma Disease Management program.
- In-home care or educational intervention. Available to members in the Asthma Disease Management program and to pregnant members who identify as high risk.
- Home-delivered meals. Non-HCBS Waiver members have access to 10 home-delivered meals at the time of discharge. This includes discharge from an acute inpatient hospital stay or discharge from a nursing facility back into the community setting.
- In-home respite care. Non-HCBS Waiver members with certain complex and chronic conditions age 21 and older will have access to 8 hours of in-home respite care services each year.
- Extended minutes for SafeLink phone users. This includes up to 750 extra minutes per month.
- Connections Plus Phone. Superior will provide a phone for members who do not qualify for a SafeLink phone and who enroll in Case Management. Superior provides a phone and monthly minutes.
Restrictions and limitations may apply.