STAR+PLUS Medicaid Plan
We Do More for STAR+PLUS Medicaid Members.
Discover the benefits of coverage through Superior HealthPlan. Our whole health approach ensures that you receive the best care possible at an affordable cost. Learn more about STAR+PLUS Medicaid benefits today.
Superior HealthPlan proudly offers STAR+PLUS, a Medicaid managed care program serving low-income individuals who have physical or mental disabilities or who are elderly. The STAR+PLUS plan has been designed to meet the unique needs of these specialized members. Superior makes sure that you receive the care you need.
Superior offers STAR+PLUS Medicaid in the following Texas service areas:
- Central MRSA
- West MRSA
STAR+PLUS Medicaid benefits include both physician services and options for residential or home care. Superior members can rest easy knowing that our plans have options that respect your unique needs, and we are committed to serving you in the most convenient manner possible for your condition. This includes benefits such as:
- Primary and specialty physician care services.
- Prescription drugs and medical supplies.
- Medical checkups, including Texas Health Steps.
- Behavioral health services.
- Hospital care.
- Nursing facility care services.
- Vision services.
- Family planning services.
- Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS).
- Personal attendant services.
- Day activity and health services.
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver
- Nursing services (in home).
- Home delivered meals.
- Therapies (occupational, physical, speech/language, cognitive rehabilitation).
- Home modifications.
- Dental services.
- Medical supplies and adaptive aids.
- Respite services.
- Assisted living.
- Adult foster care.
- Financial management services.
- Transition assistance services.
- Employment assistance.
- Supported employment.
As a Superior STAR+PLUS member, you can get many great services in addition to your regular Medicaid benefits. These are called Value-added Services. Value-added services will vary based on individual qualifications, but may include:
- $50 gift card for members upon attending and graduating from an 8-week fall prevention program called, A Matter of Balance.
- 24-hour emergency response services for non-STAR+PLUS HCBS Waiver and non-Community First Choice (CFC) members age 21 and older for up to 6 months when discharging from a hospital or nursing facility.
- A 24-hour nurse advice line.
- Connections Plus phone for members who do not qualify for SafeLink and enroll in Care Management.
- Extended minutes for SafeLink phone users. This includes up to 750 extra minutes per month for members enrolled in Care Management.
- General Educational Development (GED) preparatory materials and resources to help pass the GED test for members with primary IDD diagnosis.
- Home-delivered meals. Non-HCBS Waiver members have access to 10 home-delivered meals when discharging from a hospital or nursing facility.
- In-home respite care. Non-HCBS Waiver members with certain complex and chronic conditions, age 21 or older, have access to 8 hours of in-home respite care services each year.
- Online mental health services through myStrength.
- Online social services resource directory to help locate community services.
Note: The Value-added Services listed below do not apply to dual eligible members.
- 3-month online subscription or 12 class passes for Weight Watchers® program to attend local meetings or participate online.
- $10 gift card for members ages 21 and older who go to a follow-up doctor visit within 7 days of their first psychiatric hospital stay of the year.
- $30 every quarter to use for commonly-used over-the-counter items that are not covered by Medicaid.
- Extra dental benefits. Members, ages 21 and older, may get up to $250 each year for exams, x-rays, cleanings and fluoride treatments.
- Extra foot doctor (podiatry) services. Members, ages 21 and older, may get up to 4 additional podiatry services every year.
- Extra vision services. Members, ages 21 and older, may get up to $100 for choice of upgraded eyeglass frames and lenses or contact lenses each year.
- Help getting a ride. Members, ages 21 and older, may seek transportation assistance to behavioral health doctor visits and community supports and services when Medicaid transportation is not available.
- Help for members with asthma. Members enrolled in Superior's Asthma Disease Management Program get an allergy free mattress cover and pillow case.
- Start Smart® program for pregnant women. Rewards include baby shower, diaper bag, educational programs, convertible car seat and up to $100 for healthy activities related to your pregnancy and delivery.
Restrictions and limitations may apply. These services are valid from 9/1/19 through 8/31/20.