STAR+PLUS Medicaid Plan
We Do More for STAR+PLUS Medicaid Members.
Discover the benefits of coverage through Superior HealthPlan. Our whole health approach ensures that you receive the best care possible at an affordable cost. Learn more about STAR+PLUS Medicaid benefits today.
Superior HealthPlan proudly offers STAR+PLUS, a Medicaid managed care program serving low-income individuals who have physical or mental disabilities or who are elderly. The STAR+PLUS plan has been designed to meet the unique needs of these specialized members. Superior makes sure that you receive the care you need.
Superior offers STAR+PLUS Medicaid in the following Texas service areas:
- Central MRSA
- West MRSA
STAR+PLUS Medicaid benefits include both physician services and options for residential or home care. Superior members can rest easy knowing that our plans have options that respect your unique needs, and we are committed to serving you in the most convenient manner possible for your condition. This includes benefits such as:
- Primary and specialty physician care services.
- Prescription drugs and medical supplies.
- Medical checkups, including Texas Health Steps.
- Behavioral health services.
- Hospital care.
- Nursing facility care services.
- Vision services.
- Family planning services.
- Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS).
- Personal attendant services.
- Day activity and health services.
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver
- Nursing services (in home).
- Home delivered meals.
- Therapies (occupational, physical, speech/language, cognitive rehabilitation).
- Home modifications.
- Dental services.
- Medical supplies and adaptive aids.
- Respite services.
- Assisted living.
- Adult foster care.
- Financial management services.
- Transition assistance services.
- Employment assistance.
- Supported employment.
As a Superior STAR+PLUS member, you can get many great services in addition to your regular Medicaid benefits. These are called Value-added Services.* From extra vision care to cell phones and home-delivered meals, Superior is proud to offer many extra services to help keep our members healthy.
- 24-hour emergency response services for non-HCBS Waiver and non-Community First Choice (CFC) members, ages 21 and older, for up to 6 months, when discharging from a hospital or nursing facility.
- $50 rewards card for members upon attending and graduating from an 8-week fall prevention program called, A Matter of Balance.
- A 24-hour nurse advice line.
- Connections Plus phone for members who do not qualify for SafeLink and enroll in Care Management.
- Extended minutes for SafeLink phone users. Up to 750 extra minutes per month for members enrolled in Care Management.
- General Educational Development (GED) preparatory materials and resources to help pass the GED test for members with an IDD diagnosis.
- Home-delivered meals. Non-HCBS Waiver members, ages 21 and older, have access to 10 home-delivered meals, when discharging from a hospital or nursing facility.
- In-home respite services. Non-HCBS Waiver members with certain complex and chronic conditions, ages 21 or older, have access to up to 8 hours of in-home respite services each year.
- Online mental health services through https://app.mystrength.com/signup/epc/texas.
- Online social services resource directory to help locate community services.
Note: The Value-added Services listed below do not apply to dual eligible members.
- 3-month online subscription or 1 set per year of vouchers for Weight Watchers® program to attend local meetings or participate online. Members must have a BMI of 30 or higher and a primary diagnosis of diabetes or prediabetes.
- $20 rewards card for members, ages 21 and older, who go to a follow-up doctor visit within 7 days of a substance use disorder ER visit.
- $20 rewards card for members, ages 21 and older, who go to a follow-up doctor visit within 7 days of leaving an inpatient psychiatric hospital stay.
- Extra dental benefits. Members, ages 21 and older, may get up to $250 each year for exams, x-rays, cleanings and fluoride treatments.
- Extra foot doctor (podiatry) services. Members, ages 21 and older, may get up to 4 additional podiatry services every year.
- Extra help getting a ride. Members, ages 21 and older, may seek transportation assistance to behavioral health doctor visits and community supports and services when Medicaid transportation is not available.
- Extra vision services. Members, ages 21 and older, may get up to $100 for choice of upgraded eyeglass frames and lenses or contact lenses not covered by Medicaid each year.
- Start Smart® program for pregnant women. Rewards include baby shower, diaper bag, diapers, educational materials, convertible car seat and up to $100 for healthy activities related to your pregnancy and delivery.
- Up to 4 nutritional visits with a registered dietitian. Members must have a BMI of 32 or higher, an ER or hospital visit in the last 6 months and a diagnosis of diabetes, cardiovascular disease or COPD.**
- Up to $30 every calendar quarter to use for commonly-used over-the-counter items that are not covered by Medicaid.
*Restrictions and limitations may apply. **Only for STAR+PLUS members in Bexar and Hidalgo service delivery areas. These services are valid from 9/1/20 through 8/31/21.