STAR+PLUS Medicaid Plan
We Do More for STAR+PLUS Medicaid Members.
Discover the benefits of coverage through Superior HealthPlan. Our whole health approach ensures that you receive the best care possible at an affordable cost. Learn more about STAR+PLUS Medicaid benefits today.
Superior HealthPlan proudly offers STAR+PLUS, a Medicaid managed care program serving low-income individuals who have physical or mental disabilities or who are elderly. The STAR+PLUS plan has been designed to meet the unique needs of these specialized members. Superior makes sure that you receive the care you need.
Superior offers STAR+PLUS Medicaid in the following Texas service areas:
- Central MRSA
- West MRSA
STAR+PLUS Medicaid benefits include both physician services and options for residential or home care. Superior members can rest easy knowing that our plans have options that respect your unique needs, and we are committed to serving you in the most convenient manner possible for your condition. This includes benefits such as:
- Primary and specialty physician care services.
- Prescription drugs and medical supplies.
- Medical checkups, including Texas Health Steps.
- Behavioral health services.
- Hospital care.
- Nursing facility care services.
- Vision services.
- Family planning services.
- Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS).
- Personal attendant services.
- Day activity and health services.
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver
- Nursing services (in home).
- Home delivered meals.
- Therapies (occupational, physical, speech/language, cognitive rehabilitation).
- Home modifications.
- Dental services.
- Medical supplies and adaptive aids.
- Respite services.
- Assisted living.
- Adult foster care.
- Financial management services.
- Transition assistance services.
- Employment assistance.
- Supported employment.
Click for a list of caregiver resources. More information can be found in the STAR+PLUS handbook.
As a Superior STAR+PLUS member, you can get many great services in addition to your regular Medicaid benefits. These are called Value-added Services.* From extra vision care to cell phones and home-delivered meals, Superior is proud to offer many extra services to help keep our members healthy. Visit our Value-added Services webpage for more information.
- 24-hour emergency response services for non-HCBS Waiver and non-Community First Choice (CFC) members for up to 6 months, when discharging from a hospital or nursing facility.
- $50 rewards card for members upon attending and graduating from an 8-week fall prevention program called, A Matter of Balance. Extra help getting a ride to classes is available through Superior's Medicaid Ride program.
- Home-delivered meals. Non-HCBS Waiver members who do not reside in an ICF-IID residential home, have access to 10 home-delivered prepared meals, when discharging from a hospital or nursing facility.
- General Educational Development (GED) preparatory materials and resources to help pass the GED test for members with an IDD diagnosis.
- A 24-hour nurse advice line.
- Phone and extended minutes. Connections Plus pre-programmed phone with unlimited talk and text for members who do not qualify for SafeLink. Members must be enrolled in Care Management.
- An online "caring community" enabling members to engage friends and family as it relates to their healing or healthcare journey. Create a Careopolis.
- In-home respite services. Non-HCBS Waiver members with certain complex and chronic conditions have access to up to 8 hours of in-home respite services each year.
- Online resources. Online and mobile-accessible mental health and nicotine recovery resources. Findhelp online directory to help locate community services.
Note: The Value-added Services listed below do not apply to dual eligible members.
- 3-month subscription for Weight Watchers® online program. Members must have a BMI value of 30 or higher and a primary diagnosis of diabetes, prediabetes, hypertension or heart disease to qualify.
- $20 rewards card for members who complete a follow-up appointment within 7 days of leaving the hospital for an inpatient behavioral health or substance abuse stay.
- $20 rewards card for members who go to a follow-up doctor visit within 7 days of a substance use disorder ER visit.
- $20 rewards card every 6 months for members with diabetes who complete a blood sugar test (HbA1c) with a result less than 8.
- $50 reward for female members at average risk for cervical cancer, who complete a recommended cervical cancer screening.**
- Extra vision services. Members may get up to $150 for choice of upgraded eyeglass frames and lenses or contact lenses not covered by Medicaid each year.
- Extra dental benefits. Members may get up to $250*** or $500**** annually for exams, x-rays, cleanings, fluoride treatments and simple extractions.****
- Extra foot doctor (podiatry) services. Members may get one pair of diabetic shoes and/or one pair of foot insoles per year. Members must have a qualifying diagnosis.
- Extra help getting a ride. Members may seek transportation assistance through Superior's Medicaid Ride program for behavioral health community supports, when enrolled in specific health education classes. Rides for members to health or safety education classes and other VAS benefits too.
These services are valid from 9/1/22 through 8/31/23.
*Restrictions and limitations may apply.** STAR+PLUS members ages 18-64. ***Excludes members in Dallas and Nueces. **** Only for members in Dallas and Nueces.