We Do More for STAR+PLUS Members.
Discover Superior HealthPlan.
Superior HealthPlan proudly offers STAR+PLUS, a Medicaid managed care program serving low-income people who have physical or mental disabilities or who are elderly.
Superior offers STAR+PLUS in the following service areas:
- Central MRSA
- West MRSA
STAR+PLUS benefits Include:
- Primary and specialty physician care services.
- Prescription drugs and medical supplies.
- Medical checkups, including Texas Health Steps.
- Behavioral health services.
- Hospital care.
- Nursing facility care services.
- Vision services.
- Family planning services.
- Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS).
- Personal attendant services.
- Day activity and health services.
- LTSS Waiver Services
- Nursing services (in home).
- Home delivered meals.
- Therapies (occupational, physical, speech/language, cognitive rehabilitation).
- Home modifications.
- Dental services.
- Medical supplies and adaptive aids.
- Respite services.
- Assisted living.
- Adult foster care.
- Financial management services.
- Transition assistance services.
- Employment assistance.
- Supported employment.
As a Superior STAR+PLUS member, you can get many great services in addition to your regular benefits. These are called Value-added Services.
- $50 gift card for members upon attending and graduating from an 8-week fall prevention program called, A Matter of Balance.
- 24-hour emergency response services for non-STAR+PLUS HCBS Waiver and non-CFC members age 21 and older for up to 6 months when discharging from a hospital or nursing facility.
- A 24-hour nurse advice line.
- Connections Plus phone for members who do not qualify for SafeLink and enroll in Care Management.
- Extended minutes for SafeLink phone users. This includes up to 750 extra minutes per month for members enrolled in Care Management.
- General Educational Development (GED) preparatory materials and resources to help pass the GED test for members with primary IDD diagnosis.
- Home-delivered meals. Non-HCBS Waiver members have access to 10 home-delivered meals when discharging from a hospital or nursing facility.
- In-home respite care. Non-HCBS Waiver members with certain complex and chronic conditions, age 21 or older, have access to 8 hours of in-home respite care services each year.
- Online mental health services through myStrength.
- Online social services resource directory to help locate community services.
Note: The Value-added Services listed below do not apply to dual eligible members.
- 3-month online subscription or 12 class passes for Weight Watchers® program to attend local meetings or participate online.
- $10 gift card for members ages 21 and older who go to a follow-up doctor visit within 7 days of their first psychiatric hospital stay of the year.
- $30 every quarter to use for commonly-used over-the-counter items that are not covered by Medicaid.
- Extra dental benefits. Members, ages 21 and older, may get up to $250 each year for exams, x-rays, cleanings and fluoride treatments.
- Extra foot doctor (podiatry) services. Members, ages 21 and older, may get up to 4 additional podiatry services every year.
- Extra vision services. Members, ages 21 and older, may get up to $100 for choice of upgraded eyeglass frames and lenses or contact lenses each year.
- Help getting a ride. Members, ages 21 and older, may seek transportation assistance to behavioral health doctor visits and community supports and services when Medicaid transportation is not available.
- Help for members with asthma. Members enrolled in Superior's Asthma Disease Management Program get an allergy free mattress cover and pillow case.
- Start Smart® program for pregnant women. Rewards include baby shower, diaper bag, educational programs, convertible car seat and up to $100 for healthy activities related to your pregnancy and delivery.
Restrictions and limitations may apply. These services are valid from 9/1/19 through 8/31/20.