We Do More for STAR+PLUS Members.
Discover Superior HealthPlan.
Potential Members: 1-844-664-2257
Current Members: 1-866-516-4501
Superior HealthPlan proudly offers STAR+PLUS, a Medicaid managed care program serving low-income people who have physical or mental disabilities or who are elderly.
Superior offers STAR+PLUS in the following service areas:
- Central MRSA
- West MRSA
To learn more, call 1-844-664-2257.
STAR+PLUS benefits Include:
- Primary and specialty physician care services.
- Prescription drugs and medical supplies.
- Medical checkups, including Texas Health Steps.
- Behavioral health services.
- Hospital care.
- Nursing facility care services.
- Vision services.
- Family planning services.
- Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS).
- Personal attendant services.
- Day activity and health services.
- LTSS Waiver Services
- Nursing services (in home).
- Home delivered meals.
- Therapies (occupational, physical, speech/language, cognitive rehabilitation).
- Home modifications.
- Dental services.
- Medical supplies and adaptive aids.
- Respite services.
- Assisted living.
- Adult foster care.
- Financial management services.
- Transition assistance services.
- Employment assistance.
- Supported employment.
As a Superior STAR+PLUS member, you can get many great services in addition to your regular benefits. These are called Value-added Services.
- Extra dental benefits. Members, ages 21 and older, may get up to $250 each year for exams, x-rays, cleanings and fluoride treatments.
- Extra vision services. $100 for choice of upgraded eyeglass frames and lenses or contact lenses each year.
- $30 every quarter to use for commonly-used over-the-counter items that are not covered by Medicaid.
- A 24-hour nurse advice line.
- 24-hour emergency response services for non-STAR+PLUS HCBS Waiver and non-CFC members age 21 and older for up to 6 months when discharging from a hospital or nursing facility.
- Online mental health services through www.myStrength.com.
- Extra foot doctor (podiatry) services including 4 services each year.
- Start Smart® program for pregnant women. The program includes a baby shower, diaper bag, educational programs, convertible car seat and up to $150 for healthy activities related to your pregnancy and delivery.*
- Puff-Free Pregnancy program for pregnant members who smoke.
- Help for members with asthma. High-risk members get one spacer and peak flow meter when they enroll in Superior’s Asthma Disease Management Program and as needed thereafter.
- In-home care or educational intervention. This service is available to members in the Asthma Disease Management Program and to high-risk pregnancy members.
- Home-delivered meals. Non-HCBS Waiver members have access to 10 home-delivered meals upon hospital discharge.
- In-home respite care. Non-HCBS Waiver members with certain complex and chronic conditions age 21 and older, have access to 8 hours of in-home respite care services each year.
- Extended minutes for SafeLink phone users. This includes up to 750 extra minutes per month.
- Connections Plus phone for members who do not qualify for SafeLink and enroll in Care Management.
- Parenting class that provides extra education and resources to aid in healthy child development.#
*Excludes members in the Dallas County service area.
#Only for members in the Bexar County service area.
Restrictions and limitations may apply. These services are valid from 9/1/17 through 8/31/18.