We Do More for STAR Members.
Discover Superior HealthPlan.
Potential Members: 1-844-664-2257
Current Members: 1-800-783-5386
Texas STAR Medicaid
Superior HealthPlan proudly offers STAR, a Medicaid managed care program serving low-income families at no cost to them.
Superior offers STAR Medicaid in the following service areas:
- El Paso
To learn more, call 1-844-664-2257.
STAR benefits Include:
- Choice of doctors.
- Regular checkups and office visits.
- Prescription drugs and medical supplies.
- Dental and vision services.
- Behavioral health care.
- Hospital coverage.
More information can be found in the STAR handbook.
Value-Added Services for Superior STAR Members
At Superior, members can get many great services in addition to their regular benefits. These are called value-added services. From extra vision care to cell phones and car seats, Superior is proud to offer many extra services to help keep our members healthy.
- Extra vision benefits. This includes $150 toward prescription eyewear.
- Extra dental benefits. This includes up to $500, for pregnant women ages 21 and older.
- Annual sports physicals for children ages 4 through 17.
- $25 for over-the-counter medicines through the mail every 3 months.
- Extra behavioral health services.
- Water safety course for members ages 4-10.*
- Help for members in the asthma disease management program. This includes 1 peak flow meter and home visits for high-risk members.
- Parenting class that gives education and resources to aid in healthy child development.†
- Support for pregnant members to reduce the health risks of smoking.
- Up to 750 extra minutes per month for SafeLink phone users who are enrolled in Case Management.
- Connections Plus phone for members who do not qualify for SafeLink and enroll in Case Management.
- A 24-hour nurse advice line.
Special Services for Superior Pregnant Members
- A convertible baby car seat for completing 1 prenatal visit and going to an educational baby shower.
- Diaper bag and diapers for pregnant members who attend a baby shower class.
- Up to $150 each year through CentAccount®. This program is for pregnant women who complete prenatal visits, checkups, get a flu shot and agree to receive pregnancy-related text messages. Rewards can be used at many Texas retailers including Walmart. #
*Only for members in the Bexar, El Paso, Hidalgo, Nueces and Travis County service areas.
#Only for members in the Bexar, El Paso, Lubbock, Nueces and Travis county service areas.
†Only for members in the Bexar and El Paso county service areas.
Restrictions and limitations may apply.