We Do More for STAR Members.
Discover Superior HealthPlan.
Potential Members: 1-844-664-2257
Current Members: 1-800-783-5386
Texas STAR Medicaid
Superior HealthPlan proudly offers STAR, a Medicaid managed care program serving low-income families at no cost to them.
Superior offers STAR Medicaid in the following service areas:
- El Paso
- MRSA Central
- MRSA Northeast
- MRSA West
To learn more, call 1-844-664-2257.
STAR benefits Include:
- Choice of doctors.
- Regular checkups and office visits.
- Prescription drugs and medical supplies.
- Dental and vision services.
- Behavioral health care.
- Hospital coverage.
More information can be found in the STAR handbook.
Value-Added Services for Superior STAR Members
At Superior, members can get many great services in addition to their regular benefits. These are called Value-added Services. From extra vision care to cell phones and car seats, Superior is proud to offer many extra services to help keep our members healthy.
- Extra vision benefits. This includes $150 toward prescription eyewear.
- Extra dental benefits. This includes up to $250 for pregnant women ages 21 and older.
- Annual sports physicals for children ages 4 through 18.
- $25 for over-the-counter items through the mail every quarter.
- Mental health resources for members through www.myStrength.com
- Transportation to behavioral health visits and to community supports and services for members ages 21 and older*
- $35 for programs offered by YMCA and Boys and Girls Club.**
- Help for members enrolled in the Asthma Disease Management Program. This includes home visits and 1 spacer and peak flow meter for high-risk members.
- Support for pregnant members to reduce the health risks of smoking.
- Up to 750 extra minutes per month for SafeLink phone users who are enrolled in Care Management.
- Connections Plus phone for members who do not qualify for SafeLink and enroll in Care Management.
- A 24-hour nurse advice line.
- An educational pregnancy book for teen pregnant members up to age 19 who are enrolled in Care Coordination and in their first trimester.
- Parenting class that gives education and resources to aid in healthy child development.†
Special Services for Superior Pregnant Members
- A convertible baby car seat for completing the Notification of Pregnancy (NOP) form, completing 1 prenatal visit and going to an educational baby shower.
- Diaper bag and diapers for pregnant members who complete the NOP form and attend a baby shower class.
- Up to $150 each year through CentAccount®. This program is for pregnant women who complete prenatal visits, checkups, get a flu shot and agree to receive and respond to pregnancy-related text messages. Rewards can be used at many Texas retailers including Walmart.
*Not available in MRSA Central, MRSA Northeast, or MRSA West.
**YMCA Value-added Service is for STAR and CHIP members in the Bexar, El Paso, Lubbock, Nueces and rural service areas. Boys and Girls Club Value-added Service is only for STAR members in the Hidalgo, Lubbock, MRSA Northeast and Travis service areas and CHIP members in the Lubbock, Travis and CHIP RSA service areas.
†Only for STAR members in the Bexar and El Paso service areas.
Value-added Services are extra health care services offered by Superior. Services may vary by area. Restrictions and limitations may apply. These services are valid through 8/31/18.