We Do More for STAR Members.
Discover Superior HealthPlan.
Potential Members: 1-844-664-2257
Current Members: 1-800-783-5386
Texas STAR Medicaid
Superior HealthPlan proudly offers STAR, a Medicaid managed care program serving low-income families at no cost to them.
Superior offers STAR Medicaid in the following service areas:
- El Paso
- MRSA Central
- MRSA Northeast
- MRSA West
To learn more, call 1-844-664-2257.
STAR benefits Include:
- Choice of doctors.
- Regular checkups and office visits.
- Prescription drugs and medical supplies.
- Dental and vision services.
- Behavioral health care.
- Hospital coverage.
More information can be found in the STAR handbook.
Value-Added Services for Superior STAR Members
At Superior, members can get many great services in addition to their regular benefits. These are called Value-added Services. From extra vision care to cell phones and car seats, Superior is proud to offer many extra services to help keep our members healthy.
- Extra vision benefits. This includes $150 toward prescription eyewear.
- Extra dental benefits. This includes up to $250 for pregnant women ages 21 and older.
- Annual sports physicals for children ages 4 through 18.
- $25 for over-the-counter items through the mail every quarter.
- Extra behavioral health services.
- $35 for programs offered by the Boys and Girls Club.*
- Help for members enrolled in the Asthma Disease Management Program. This includes home visits and 1 spacer and peak flow meter for high-risk members.
- Support for pregnant members to reduce the health risks of smoking.
- Up to 750 extra minutes per month for SafeLink phone users who are enrolled in Care Management.
- Connections Plus phone for members who do not qualify for SafeLink and enroll in Care Management.
- A 24-hour nurse advice line.
- Parenting class that gives education and resources to aid in healthy child development.†
Special Services for Superior Pregnant Members
- A convertible baby car seat for completing the Notification of Pregnancy (NOP) form, completing 1 prenatal visit and going to an educational baby shower.
- Diaper bag and diapers for pregnant members who complete the NOP form and attend a baby shower class.
- Up to $150 each year through CentAccount®. This program is for pregnant women who complete prenatal visits, checkups, get a flu shot and agree to receive and respond to pregnancy-related text messages. Rewards can be used at many Texas retailers including Walmart.
*Boys and Girls Club Value-added Service is only for STAR members in the Hidalgo, Lubbock, MRSA Northeast and Travis service areas.
†Only for STAR members in the Bexar and El Paso service areas.
Value-added Services are extra health care services offered by Superior. Services may vary by area. Restrictions and limitations may apply. These services are valid through 8/31/18.