Texas Health Steps
Texas Health Steps is the Medicaid health-care program for children, teens and young adults, birth through age 20. Members enrolled in STAR, STAR+PLUS, STAR Kids and Medicaid RSA are eligible for this program.
Texas Health Steps gives your child:
- Free regular medical checkups starting at birth.
- Free dental checkups starting at 6 months of age.
- A Case Manager who can find out what services your child needs and where to get these services.
Regular checkups help make sure your child grows up healthy. You should take them to their doctor or another Superior Texas Health Steps provider for medical checkups. Your child should also get regular dental checkups to make sure his or her teeth and gums are healthy. Read more about this program on the Texas Health Steps website, in the Member handbooks, or call Texas Health Steps at 1-877-847-8377.
You can also call Member Services:
If you can’t get your child to the checkup, Medicaid may be able to help. Children with Medicaid and their parent can get free rides to and from the doctor, dentist, hospital or drug store.
- Houston/Beaumont 1-855-687-4786
- Dallas/Ft. Worth 1-855-687-3255
- All other 1-877-633-8747 (1-877-MED-TRIP)
To help you make sure your doctor has the information he or she needs when you visit, please fill out one of the forms below before you go to a Texas Health Steps appointment:
- 2-Month-Old Child Well-Visit
- 4-Month-Old Child Well-Visit
- 6-Month-Old Child Well-Visit
- 9-Month-Old Child Well-Visit
- 12-Month-Old Child Well-Visit
- 15-Month-Old Child Well-Visit
- 18-Month-Old Child Well-Visit
- 24-Month-Old Child Well-Visit
- 30-Month-Old Child Well-Visit
- 3-Year-Old Child Well-Visit
- 4-Year-Old Child Well-Visit
- 5-Year-Old Child Well-Visit
- 6-Year-Old Child Well-Visit
- 7-Year-Old Child Well-Visit
- 8-Year-Old Child Well-Visit
- 9-Year-Old Child Well-Visit
- 10-Year-Old Child Well-Visit