Care Management & Service Coordination
Care Management: For STAR and CHIP Members
Care Management helps Superior HealthPlan members with serious health problems get the care and support they need. Superior has Care Managers who can work with you, your family, caregivers and your doctors to help you get well and stay well.
STAR and CHIP members can reach out to experienced nurses and health care professionals through our Care Management program. They can help you and/or your child understand any problems you may have. These include:
- Frequent ER or hospital visits
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Wounds that will not heal
- Multiple diseases or conditions
We want you to stay healthy and get the care you need. The Care Management program can help identify resources and services to help you get well and stay well. To contact us, call 1-800-783-5386 between 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday. Nurses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Service Coordination: For STAR Health, STAR Kids and STAR+PLUS Members
Similarly, STAR Health, STAR Kids and STAR+PLUS members can get additional support through Superior’s Service Coordination program. This is a special kind of care management that is offered by a Superior Service Coordinator. Service Coordinators are available to help you coordinate your medical and behavioral health care. A Service Coordinator will work with you to:
- Identify your needs.
- Work with you, your family or community supports, your doctor(s) and other providers to develop a service plan.
- Help make sure you receive your services on time.
- Make sure you have a choice of providers and access to covered services.
- Coordinate Superior-covered services with social and community support services.
To get in touch with a Service Coordinator, please call 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday. Nurses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- STAR Health: 1-866-912-6283
- STAR Kids: 1-844-433-2074
- STAR+PLUS: 1-877-277-9772