We Do More for Moms-To-Be.
Discover Superior HealthPlan.
Potential Members: 1-844-664-2257
Current Members: 1-800-783-5386
Superior HealthPlan has a program for CHIP Perinatal Care that is part of Texas’ Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). These benefits are designed to provide prenatal services to unborn children of pregnant low-income women, who do not qualify for Medicaid. Unlike CHIP, there is no 90-day waiting period before coverage can begin and no CHIP asset test before enrollment. Also unlike CHIP, members in this program do not have any cost-sharing responsibilities (no co-payments or deductibles).
Superior also offers CHIP Perinatal Newborn coverage. With CHIP Perinatal Newborn, your baby’s coverage is for twelve months. The coverage begins when you enroll the unborn baby when you are pregnant. After the twelve months of coverage ends, you can apply through the state CHIP office to have your baby covered under the CHIP program.
Superior offers CHIP Perinatal Care in the following areas:
- El Paso
To learn more, call 1-844-664-2257
CHIP Perinate benefits include:
- Prenatal visits.
- Prescriptions and prenatal vitamins.
- Labor and delivery care.
- Post-delivery checkups.
- Regular checkups, immunizations, prescriptions and other CHIP health-care benefits for the baby after leaving the hospital.
More information can be found in the CHIP handbook.
Value-Added Services for Superior CHIP Perinatal Members
At Superior, members can get many great services in addition to their regular benefits. These are called value-added services. From extra vision care to cell phones and car seats, Superior is proud to offer many extra services to help keep our members healthy.
- Diaper bag and diapers for pregnant members who attend a baby shower class.
- A convertible baby car seat for completing 1 prenatal visit and attending an educational baby shower.
- Up to $150 each year through CentAccount®. This program is for pregnant women who complete prenatal visits, checkups, get a flu shot and agree to receive pregnancy-related text messages. Rewards can be used at many Texas retailers including Walmart.#
- Up to 750 extra minutes per month for SafeLink phone users who are enrolled in Case Management.
- Connections Plus phone for members who do not qualify for SafeLink and enroll in Case Management.
- A 24-hour nurse advice line.
#Only for members in the Bexar, El Paso, Lubbock, Nueces and Travis county service areas.
Restrictions and limitations may apply.
Need help getting medical supplies or finding a provider? Ask about our Case Management program.