CHIP Perinatal Care in Texas
We Do More for Moms-To-Be.
Discover Superior HealthPlan.
Superior HealthPlan has a program for CHIP Perinatal Care that is part of Texas’ Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). These benefits are designed to provide prenatal services to unborn children of pregnant low-income women, who do not qualify for Medicaid. Unlike CHIP, there is no 90-day waiting period before coverage can begin and no CHIP asset test before enrollment. Also unlike CHIP, members in this program do not have any cost-sharing responsibilities (no co-payments or deductibles).
Superior also offers CHIP Perinatal Newborn coverage in Texas. With CHIP Perinatal Newborn, your baby’s healthcare coverage is available for twelve months. The coverage begins when you enroll the unborn baby while you are pregnant. After the twelve months of coverage ends, you can apply through the state CHIP office to have your baby covered under the CHIP program.
Superior offers CHIP Perinatal Care in the following areas:
- El Paso
CHIP Perinatal benefits in Texas include:
- Prenatal visits.
- Prescriptions and prenatal vitamins.
- Labor and delivery care.
- Post-delivery checkups.
- Regular checkups, immunizations, prescriptions and other CHIP Perinatal health-care benefits for the baby after leaving the hospital.
More information can be found in the CHIP handbook.
At Superior, Texas CHIP members can get many great services in addition to their regular benefits. These are called Value-added Services*. Superior is proud to offer extra services to help keep our Texas CHIP Perinatal members healthy.
- Start Smart® For Your Baby Program. Diaper bag, diapers and educational materials for pregnant members who complete the Notification of Pregnancy form and attend Superior’s educational baby shower.
- Up to $150 My Health Pays® rewards each year for completing prenatal and postpartum visits. Visit My Health Pays® for more rewards information.
- A 24-hour nurse advice line.
- Online mental health and nicotine recovery resources. Findhelp online directory to help locate community services.
Value-added Services are extra health care services offered by Superior. Services may vary by area. These services are valid 9/1/23 through 8/31/24.
*Restrictions and limitations may apply.