CHIP Perinatal Care in Texas
We Do More for Moms-To-Be.
Discover Superior HealthPlan.
Superior HealthPlan has a program for CHIP Perinatal Care that is part of Texas’ Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). These benefits are designed to provide prenatal services to unborn children of pregnant low-income women, who do not qualify for Medicaid. Unlike CHIP, there is no 90-day waiting period before coverage can begin and no CHIP asset test before enrollment. Also unlike CHIP, members in this program do not have any cost-sharing responsibilities (no co-payments or deductibles).
Superior also offers CHIP Perinatal Newborn coverage in Texas. With CHIP Perinatal Newborn, your baby’s healthcare coverage is available for twelve months. The coverage begins when you enroll the unborn baby while you are pregnant. After the twelve months of coverage ends, you can apply through the state CHIP office to have your baby covered under the CHIP program.
Superior offers CHIP Perinatal Care in the following areas:
- El Paso
CHIP Perinatal benefits in Texas include:
- Prenatal visits.
- Prescriptions and prenatal vitamins.
- Labor and delivery care.
- Post-delivery checkups.
- Regular checkups, immunizations, prescriptions and other CHIP Perinatal health-care benefits for the baby after leaving the hospital.
More information can be found in the CHIP handbook.
At Superior, Texas CHIP members can get many great services in addition to their regular benefits. These are called Value-added Services*. From extra vision care to cell phones and car seats, Superior is proud to offer many extra services to help keep our Texas CHIP Perinatal members healthy.
- Start Smart® For Your Baby Program - If you stay for an entire baby shower, or download a pregnancy program mobile app and engage for 30 days, you can get extra benefits like:
- A diaper bag and diapers when you complete the Notification of Pregnancy (NOP) form
- A convertible baby car seat when you complete the NOP form and go to one prenatal visit within your first trimester or 42 days of enrollment with Superior
- Up to $100 My Health Pays® rewards each year for completing prenatal and postpartum visits. Visit My Health Pays® for more rewards information.
- Up to 750 extra minutes per month for SafeLink phone users who are enrolled in Care Management.
- Connections Plus phone for members who do not qualify for SafeLink and enroll in Care Management.
- A 24-hour nurse advice line.
- Parenting class that gives education and resources to aid in healthy child development.†
- $60 for programs offered by Boys and Girls Club.**
- $20 rewards card for members enrolled in Care Management who download the Wellframe app and participate in a care program for 30 days, after discharge from the hospital for a medical admit.
- Help for members enrolled in the Asthma Disease Management Program. This includes home visits.
- Online mental health services through myStrength.com.
- Online social services resource directory for members to help locate community supports such as food and nutrition, housing, education and employment services.
*Restrictions and limitations may apply.
† Only for CHIP members in the Bexar and El Paso service areas.
** Boys and Girls Club Value-added Service excludes CHIP members in Bexar, El Paso and Nueces service delivery areas.
Value-added Services are extra health care services offered by Superior. Services may vary by area. These services are valid through 8/31/20.