No Co-Pays or Cost Sharing for Telehealth Visits and COVID-19 Testing
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an emerging illness. Many details about this disease are still unknown, such as treatment options, how the virus works, the total impact of the illness, and many other factors.
If you have been exposed to COVID-19 or begin showing symptoms of the virus or flu, contact your health-care provider immediately.
Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Shortness of breath
You do not have to leave your home to visit with a doctor. You can have a video visit using your phone or computer with a Superior provider that offers telehealth services. This will help to prevent your illness from spreading to people in your community.
Telehealth visits with a doctor in Superior’s network are available at no cost or cost sharing for members. Additionally, COVID-19 testing per CDC guidelines is available at no cost or cost sharing for members.
While a doctor will not be able to make a COVID-19 diagnosis during a telehealth visit, the doctor will be able to assess your condition and make recommendations for recuperating at home or visiting a clinic or hospital.
To schedule a telehealth visit, you can:
- Call your primary care provider’s (PCP) office to find out if they can schedule a telehealth visit with you. Make sure your provider is in Superior’s network.
- Contact Teladoc for 24-hour access to health-care providers in Superior’s network.
Call 1-800-835-2362 (TTY: 711) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get:
- Medical advice
- A diagnosis
- Or a prescription by video or phone for non-emergency medical issues
For any questions or help scheduling a telehealth visit, contact Member Services from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday:
- STAR or CHIP: 1-800-783-5386
- STAR Kids: 1-844-590-4883
- STAR Health (Foster Care): 1-866-912-6283
- STAR+PLUS: 1-877-277-9772
- TTY (Relay Texas): 1-800-735-2989